Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A changed girl

As much as a really hate to admit it, I am starting to enjoy Buckley's company. He's a crazy dog though. I went outside today to read my book and he came with me and was running around like a maniac. Then he did the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.


He killed a mouse, and dropped it by my side. I thought it was one of his toys so I almost reached into his mouth to get it and throw it (that's right-I have done this before, reach into his mouth and get one of his slobbering toys to throw because he just loves to play catch, it's gross but he loves it, and I always wash my hands right after) but it was a dead mouse. I screamed so loud my mom thought that I was being attacked (she's so dramatic). I wanted to start crying and almost did but Buck was looking up at me with these really big, sad eyes like he was so sorry that he had done it. I didn't acknowledge him for the rest of the night but the next morning he was so sad and mopy I had to give him a pet to let him know I had forgiven him.

I am really surprised that I love him so much. Once you get passed the fact that he is the definition of a flea bag and a possibly carrier of countless bacteria and germs he's really sweet. Not to mention I haven't been making much progress in the friend department at school. Although I have gotten friendlier with a girl named Sasha who loves reading, and we bonded one day during recess when we both were sitting on a bench reading while the other pea brains were eating mulch and jumping off the monkey bars. But i'm pretty sure she doesn't shower everyday, which makes me reluctant to accept her invitations to come over after school.

Buck even sleeps at the end of my bed with me. My mom is amazed, she says things like "who are you and what have you done to my Lillian?!" She has sort of stopped that because she realized how annoying it was. Although Max does always seem to have a look on his face of achievement everytime he sees me and Buck together, I try to make sure that he sees me rolling my eyes at him. He's so darn annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment