Sunday, February 12, 2012

The worst thing possible

This day just went from bad to horrible. The worst day I have had in a long long time. After spending a boring afternoon with Max grocery shopping for mom, my mom cooked this big dinner and set the table which she never does. When I went into the kitchen to get some extra ketchup for my chicken, I heard them whispering something about "telling her".

When I got back to the table I just pretended I didn't hear them. I asked mom how her day was and she said it was great, then she asked how mine was and I replied "OK", and then looked at Max hopefully telling him with my eyes "it was only ok because of you". I thought I had skirted the issue of what they had to tell me, when I was getting up to clear my plate mom said, "hang on sweetie Max and I have something to tell you". My heart began to race and I nodded at her to continue. She leaned across her plate and grabbed Max's hands. Ew.

"Max and I have decided to get married".

I tried to speak but no words came out. I didn't know what to say. I could feel the lump welling up in my throat. I wanted to scream but nothing came out. I took a deep breathe and asked if I could speak to my mom in the other room privately. She looked confused but agreed. I wanted to ask her how she could do this to me? How could she do this to dad? Its only been 3 years. I couldn't ask her anything I wanted to, so I went to my room. Where i'm writing now. Why is this happening?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lillian, Try and keep your head up I have a feeling things are going to get better soon.

    Zack

    ReplyDelete