Sunday, January 29, 2012

First Weekend

Did you know that a single bacteria can multiply into 1 billion cells overnight in a humid environment?


Well, they can. And you know what else? My de-humidifier broke during the move. I told my mom we should sue the movers for being so negligent and she laughed. She said that something is bound to break during such a long flight. She says I would survive the weekend without it and we could get a new one Monday. 
My new Home. Its a far cry from California
This weekend was a slow one. We spent all Saturday unpacking the zillions of boxes and trying to get set up. The house is pretty nice, except being set in the woods. I spent Sunday taking samples from the lake in the backyard and looking at them in my microscope. I just like to look at the organisms and see if anything strikes me as unusual. Thankfully I didn't find anything. I'm going to have to be especially careful living here of West Nile. After all, mosquitoes are most attracted to type O blood type, and guess who is type O? You guessed it.
School is starting tomorrow so I am going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi.

    Just wanted to let you know that I'm afraid of the unfamiliar, too. Sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out on anything by staying indoors and worrying about life outside my bedroom. Makes me feel sort of uncomfortable, you know?

    My mom says that feeling strange or uncomfortable about things only helps us to grow into better, more curious creatures.

    Maybe you and I are just meant to grow a lot judging by the amount of worrying you do, and the regret I seem to be accumulating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey.

      I just wanted to let you know (in case you were maybe wondering) that I went outside today.

      Nothing bad [really] happened.

      It was kind of cool.

      I forgot to also mention that I hope you're healthy, too.

      Delete